My teaching experience includes courses, seminars, field work teaching and the supervision of undergraduate and graduate students. I have taught in institutions from Spain, United Kingdom and France.
Courses & Seminars
- Master Biodiversité, écologie et évolution Parcours ECONOMICS & ECOLOGY (CNRS – Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France; course 2020-2021)
- Master Biodiversité, écologie et évolution Parcours ECONOMICS & ECOLOGY (CNRS – Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France; course 2019-2020)
- Science writing course (CNRS France; 2017-2020)
- Field sampling methods in Ecology (University of Bristol; 2013-2015)
- Student supervisor in university field trips (University of Alcalá; 2005, 2006).
- Simulation models in Ecology (University of Alcalá; 2009, 2010)
- Non-linear dynamics in Ecology (University of Alcalá; 2006, 2007)
- Statistical analysis of ecological data (University of Alcalá; 2005, 2006).
Supervision of undergraduate students
- Field work ecology studies: sampling methods and field work organisation (≥ 10 undergraduate students; 2013-2015)
- Tutor of 1st and 2nd year Biology students at the University of Bristol (2012-2013, 2013-2014). Some of the courses taught include: ‘Misleading statistics‘, ‘Writing essays‘, ‘Presenting your science to the public‘.
Supervision of postgraduate students
- Asun Rodríguez-Uña, Basque Centre for Climate Change – BC3, Spain. Thesis title: ‘Estimating recovery time of temperate forests after anthropogenic impacts along a complexity gradient‘ (2020). PhD research stay supervision
- Chris McWilliams, University of Bristol, UK. Thesis title: ‘Habitat loss and species interactions: An in silico investigation of the structure and dynamics of ecological communities’ (2013-2016). PhD supervisor
- F. Ribeiro. Thesis title: ‘The restoration of tropical seed dispersal networks’ (2013). Co-supervision
- P. Ruiz-Benito. Thesis title: ‘Patterns and drivers of Mediterranean forests structure and dynamics under global change: theoretical and management implications’, 2013. PhD external supervisor
- M. A. Villoslada. Project title: ‘Allometric relationships in forest species of the Iberia Peninsula’ (2007). Co-supervision